I joined "Friends Reunited" several years ago, partly out of curiousity. For those who don't know it's a website where you can list the schools, workplaces, houses etc you went to or lived in and re-connect as friends with names from your past. I used to send a note to people I recognised, but rarely got replies back and if I did, the school friendships never got re-started again. It got me thinking why join and say would love to hear from anyone who remembers me, when you don't really want to reply? Or is it like sitting in a window front in a long line with a sign "Remember Me?" round your neck, waiting for someone to point and say yes? However it did allow me to say thank you to an ex-teacher of mine for teaching me to look for the adventure in things - he was an ex-A Level Maths teacher of mine. Some thoughts on perhaps how you might remember someone from school:
Remember me?
I was the one next to thingy,
Had chickenpox in the spring
I was new, sat opposite you
But you never spoke to me.
Your name is familar
But your face I can't see
I joined, filled in my details
And waited, but do you remember me?
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment